Monday, August 23, 2010

First Intentional Outfit Post...

Howdy! Today we're going to learn to cook sauerbraten!

LOLJK this is a fashion blog.

I don't even like sauerbraten...

So hi! I just spent about a year taking photographs of today's outfit. I'll get better at that eventually. I hope...
Okay, this is awkward. Here, look at this cute photo of me in a hat:

...yeah.
So, fashion blog time. Full outfit photo:


That's basically the only one where i'm wearing shoes, because i suck at being cool and wearing shoes at the same time. But i'm entering this contest which requires me to wear shoes in the photo. I don't think they'd believe that i just wore socks to camp today, which i sometimes end up doing. I don't like shoes.
So, about the outfit: Every year I go to a summer acting program for three weeks in August to study Shakespeare and be badass. It's marvelous and fun and i have made many friends there and etc. I have to wear pants basically every day because we do a lot of movement and the building we practice in is usually a few degrees above the temperature of dry ice. However, i am not a wear-pants-every-day kind of girl. I like dresses and skirts waywayway too much to not wear them for three weeks. So my solution is leggings. These leggin's are soft and cozy and intended for slumber<333333 The dress is nice and bouncy and makes me feel girly and allows me to play up my lovable shortness :3 I dig this necklace 'cause it's shiny and has an ankh on it. The watch is meant to be somewhat ironic. I couldn't get a good photo but it's Mary Engelbreit and 'tis pretty tacky and therefore i adore it. Ze hat is just fabulous and fuzzy and excellent at hiding my ridiculous hair. My hair and i have a tumultuous relationship, as my (future) readers will learn.
More photodocumentation:


Trying to look chill and hipster.


Showing off Mary (the watch).


Necklace<33333333333 Lovelovelove it.


I tried to take a picture showing my brand-new rug of awesome and it got all blurry and only focused on the handle of my chair. I like it.


Just chillin' on my dresser, which i totally do all the time. Psh. I'm not posing for a photo or anything....

*ahem*


Shooz.


K. That's all. I'm fifteen; i take a lot of pictures of myself. It's a disease without a cure.

So, Outfit creds:
Dress: Modcloth.com
Leggings: Nana Gift
Shirt: Mandee's
Hat: Steve Madden
Necklace: Stepmom's closet
Watch: Mom's closet
Shoesezes: Journeys
I had a bag too and it's from Kipling but it's really not all that exciting.
I think i'll go watch an episode of The Office, take a shower, and go to sleep.
Good night, people who will read my blog in the future and peer into my archives! <3


P.S. What do you think of the name? It's just a working title for now. "a backdrop of blue" is a quote from one of my favorite songs (Blue Lips by Regina Spektor) but i'm open to other options that aren't silly puns on my name or weird clichéd fashion terms... K, bye for real now!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I remember this outfit vividly, actually! I adored the hat.

    ReplyDelete