Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Ode to Shannon


 Today's outfit is inspired by my friend Shannon K.  She's the one in the tutu on the left in this photo ->
She is utterly fearless with her style: she has worn a dress made entirely of newspaper, the first time we met she was wearing a fabulous art-deco style dress and bare feet, and the last time I saw her she was rocking a flamenco-style wide-brimmed hat and red sequins. We've only met a few times through mutual friends, but I appreciate her artistry. You can read about her opinion on thrifting here. 
I saw this photo and just about died, and I decided to try my own take on it. I have basically the exact same jacket, and though I lack a pink tutu, I have my black one.
 The fit is a little different as well, I think.
 That's our Christmas tree ->


 Loooooooove the shoulder and wrist details!



 Do you think I wear this necklace/earring combination enough? :P
I love that ring :)

Credits:
Skirt/headband: H&M
Jacket: Jack by BB Dakota via ModCloth
Oxfords: Doc Martens via Journeys
Tights: Marshalls
Jewelry: Great-Grandmas Sophie and Mary
Shirt: J. Crew
By the way, this is my seventieth post! Break out the sparkling cider! WOOO! :)
Bye!

2 comments:

  1. do i get a dedication????? for something?!?!?!?1
    Btw its Dom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you start dressing better, Dom :P

    ReplyDelete